Office Cubicals are Over-Rated. These Sunny Patios are Not.
We have to admit, one of the many perks of running your own events company is the ability to work from pretty much anywhere our little hearts desire. In the winter, we kick it old school in our office or a local coffee shop, as we have learned that laptops (and us!) do not bode well in the rain. However, when the temperature starts to rise and the sun is forcing us to finally bring our favourite pair of sunglasses out of hibernation, we embrace the opportunity to scour the city for the perfect outdoor office location.
Vancouver is home to a number of gorgeous patios so it can be a tough decision, where to set up shop. Here are a few outdoor spaces where you may find us and our laptops this summer:
- The Gallery Café – 750 Hornby Street, Downtown.
- Not only for the art lover, this patio is considered an “oasis amid the hubbub of downtown” – perfect for people watching while sipping a glass of well-priced wine.
- Chill Winston – 3 Alexander Street, Gastown
- It’s pretty hard to beat an afternoon spent on the cobbled sidewalk patio of Chill Winston while indulging in a big bowl of their signature hand popped popcorn.
- The Galley Patio & Grill – 1300 Discovery Street
- Casual and beachy, this low-key patio is perfect for relaxing and enjoying the gorgeous water views. Even better? The bike ride home to burn off the mountain of to-die-for nacho’s we usually inhale!
- Dockside – 1253 Johnston Street, False Creek
- Our personal favourite “office” location – one would be hard pressed to find a better patio then this one. But don’t dare try and take over the big white couch by the sidewalk – we plan on having a standing summer reso for this one (classic “Friends” style!).
- Bridges – 1696 Duranleau Street, False Creek
- Perfect for entertaining guests, a trip to this waterfront patio is not complete without a pitcher of their amazing sangria!
- Cardero’s – 1583 Coal Harbour Quay
- Sit on this slightly upper-scale patio while playing the game: “What yacht would you rather sail around the world in?”
- The Mill – 199 West Cordova Street
- Slightly hidden along the seawall is this large sunny patio with enough seating space to allow for a large social gathering. Another reason to visit? Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger checked it out last year, while in town to film for the A-Team. Enough said.
- Lift Bar & Grill – 333 Menchions Mews, Vancouver
- Uber classy, this gorgeous patio is THE place for après work cocktails.
- The Local – 2210 Cornwall, Kitsilano
- Those of us who live in Kits have a soft spot for this venue and are relieved to have the much-coveted patio, overlooking Cornwall, up and running again. Another bonus? The towering “Kits Beach Burger” (although it might be best to avoid ordering this on a first date – juice and meat dropping on your lap don’t usually make a good first impression!)
If you are looking for the perfect location for an outdoor soiree such as a fundraising party, birthday bash, or wedding celebration, let us know. Although some of these venues are available for rent, we have some other Vancouver “hidden gems” up our sleeve that will guarantee to knock the socks off of your guests!